Saturday, March 5, 2022

Forest Carbon internship

I am an alumna of UMD’s undergraduate Environmental Science and Policy program, and I am currently a postdoctoral fellow studying forest carbon at the DC office of Environmental Defense Fund. I was wondering whether you would like to share this EDF summer internship for this summer with current Environmental Science and Policy/Environmental Science and Technology undergraduates: https://confidential-edf.icims.com/jobs/3510/bezos-earth-fund-intern%2c-wildfire-carbon-emissions/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=960&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240 I will be supervising this intern and guiding them through a research project regarding fire risk predictors in the western US and Canada and implications for forest carbon sequestration in this region. Many courses that I remember taking as part of my undergraduate degree would be very relevant to this work. Please let me know if this is possible! Thank you for your time. Nina Randazzo Postdoctoral Fellow, Carbon Storage – Temperate Forests Environmental Defense Fund nrandazzo@edf.org edf.org